Dear all, Following the last LJAG committee meeting please see below a little update, including a call for volunteers to help out a couple of hours a month from now until the Summer:
– Bulb planting (Green Group): 20 volunteers took part in the bulb planting November week-end organised by the LJAG Green Group, and raised £45 to purchase bulbs and plant them around LJ in time for Spring.
– More trees for LJ (Green Group): 11 trees were planted around LJ as requested by LJAG Green Group through the Ward Purse.
– We are Loughborough Junction exhibition (Art Group): 700+ people attended over the opening week-end in February. The exhibition got coverage from local and regional press (including BBC London Radio and TV).
– Lobbying: Bus petition: Just under 1,000 signatures were gathered the first week of the road works in February, with help from various local groups and Councillors, a free replacement shuttle was introduced at the end of that week.
– Lobbying: 116-120 Coldharbour Lane, aka former car boot sale car park: LJAG to be part of the process to write the brief and choose the public art to be created on site (8-storey 200 homes development) .
–LJAG AGM, 19 April 2010 (8pm, Harry Caddick centre, 63 Lilford Road): Discussing next steps with Ward Councillors and recruiting/electing new committee members. Everyone welcome!
– LJ in Bloom Festival (Green Group): March-July 2010 (awards 10 July): encouraging everyone to put plants, flowers and vegetables in their windows and front gardens to improve the area. Volunteers needed!
– LJ Street Party (Events Group): 10 July, location TBC: an opportunity for LJ residents to share their food with neighbours. Volunteers needed!
– Next Art commission (Art Group): in progress, ideas to be discussed at the 19 April AGM.
– Lobbying: Better pavements outside LJ station
LJ for a Low carbon, 20 mph, more cycle-friendly zone
Crossings outside the Green Man and on Shakespeare Road/Coldharbour Lane junction
To keep changing Loughborough Junction we need volunteers for a couple of hours a month to support the Art Group, Green Group and Events Groups.
To find out more about LJAG, e-mail ljactiongroup@ gmail.com .